DogGoneFast Flyball Club Adventures

2 RVs, 4 handlers, 10 dogs... Alaska here we come! How crazy are we... driving from Raleigh, NC to attend a flyball tournament in Palmer, Alaska... read all about it right here!

My Photo
Name:

Flyball Fanatic and former software engineer... which is why I have the time to drive to Alaska this summer! This is my boy BC, Sweep, with me at the Birmingham Bandits tournament in Alabama.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

First day...


Let me start off by thanking everyone for all their good wishes on our trip. We started off from Raleigh on Friday June 2nd. Here is a picture of the 2 RVs as we have just finished up packing and are about to hit the road. I'll be driving the little RV that is on the driveway beside my Ford Explorer. Bill & Ditto will be in the Expedition that is parked on the street in front of my house.

Our first night destination is Lexington, KY. But since we don't leave Raleigh until almost 11am, I was pretty sure we would not make it that far. I decided that it would be fun to take pictures while on the road.



This one proves that when you are not the lead RV, the view doesn't really change ;-)

It is actually a good picture of Mount Pilot in NC near Mount Airy (which is I think the place that Mayberry is based on... you know, the Andy Griffith show).

We wind our way through the appalachian's and into West Virginia just in time for some wonderful afternoon thunderstorms. Ditto is driving the big RV and earns her RV wings today for sure as we come around a corner in Charleston, WV and find cars all over the road and in the ditches. We navigate through there and decide to stop in Milton, WV for the night at the Fox Fire RV resort. The storms have blown over and it is a gorgeous night.



Here is a picture of our set up at the campground. There are a total of 9 doggies with us, I need to post a picture of them all! 7 of them are border collies and we have a Sheltie and a Spaniel mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home