St. Louis

Hmmm. What can I say about St. Louis. We thought we were having a great day! We started off at Grant's farm, on the south side of town, which is where Anheuser-Busch raises the Clydesdales. They are gorgeous animals. We even saw some foals! It is a pretty big place with a zoo area for kids and they even give out free beer...

Our next stop was downtown and the big arch. We drove around trying to find a parking spot for the RVs and found an area with big banners on the lamp posts calling itself the "RV Zone". There were about 20 other RVs/trailers parked there so we did the same, although we were a little worried about the no parking signs that we could also see on the same posts. I think you know where I'm going with this... anyways, we fired up the generators cos it was 98 in St. Louis and headed over to the arch. There was a 2 hour wait to go up, so we decided to tour the museum instead, which was very well done and quite interesting with loads of wall murals and quotes from Lewis and Clark. Then we headed back outside and grabbed a bite to eat (spending yet more money in St. Louis). When we get back to the RVs, I stop at the little one to put my stuff away and notice that I have a parking ticket. SIGH. Walk over to the big RV, yep, it has one too. Look at the other RVs, yep, every single one with a ticket. Now that just makes me mad. Why put up banners saying RV Zone and then give everyone tickets, especially since there was no other place to park an RV. So I'm going to write a letter to the mayor of St.Louis and enclose my parking ticket with it. At least then I'll feel better ;-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home