DogGoneFast Flyball Club Adventures

2 RVs, 4 handlers, 10 dogs... Alaska here we come! How crazy are we... driving from Raleigh, NC to attend a flyball tournament in Palmer, Alaska... read all about it right here!

My Photo
Name:

Flyball Fanatic and former software engineer... which is why I have the time to drive to Alaska this summer! This is my boy BC, Sweep, with me at the Birmingham Bandits tournament in Alabama.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On to Minneapolis



On Sunday we travelled from El Paso, IL to Minneapolis through Wisconsin. We don't have a choice, we *had* to get to Minneapolis (more on that later)! It was a nice sunny day to be driving through this area, and nice and flat for the most part, which was great for the fuel economy too. Here is a picture of the more typical farmland in Illinois.


And here is a picture of a less typical farm ;-)








We saw loads of signs for "cheese" in Wisconsin, I tried to take pictures of some of the farms but they were really quite far from the road. We stopped in this shop to make lunchtime purchases. Bill tried on a 'cheese head cowboy hat' and I told him that I would buy it if he would wear it to a NC State Wolfpack football game. He declined... I don't know why!



Most of our travels had been uneventful, until our last fuel stop for the day. As we cross into Minnesota and travel the ring road around Minneapolis, I am not driving the lead RV. We are travelling through a bumpy construction zone (are there any other kind?) and I am suddenly struck by a wave of fuel... I radio up to the big RV... are you leaking? Oh no, they reply, it is just condensations from the a/c that we just turned on. RIGHT... I don't think so! Water is not that irridescent blueish/green colour! I reply that no, it is definitely fuel and so we pull over on I-494 with everyone whizzing past. Sure 'nuff, someone who shall remain nameless forgot to put the fuel cap back on after filling up the diesel. I can't imagine how much fuel would have been wasted if I had been leading and hadn't noticed. The positive part of this... my RV got a nice wash when we got to the campground at Apple Valley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home