Travels without the Caniac...
I thought I would post some of the photos and activities that my friends embarked on while I was cheering on the Carolina Hurricanes back in Raleigh. I left them in Minneapolis on Monday and they decided to head off to Lake Itasca (headwaters of the Mississippi River).
This first picture is of Ditto with Susie (Sheltie) and CurlySue (Spaniel-X), both hiding on the stairs, Starbit (BC) sitting on the rocks, and Sweep (BC) and Wyn (BC) standing in the water. Ditto told me that Sweep and Wyn just about dragged her down the steps to get to the water, and this from dogs that don't usually like to go swimming!
This next picture is of Bill with Milky Way (BC), Cloud (BC, Sky (BC - their mom) and Baldy (BC on rocks). They all got a chance to put their paws in the river! I can just imagine the looks that they received while walking the 1/2 mile trail to the river... 2 humans and 9 dogs.
From there, they headed over to North Dakota and stopped at Theodore Roosevelt Park. This is a great park to see buffalo and a variety of wildlife and I am bummed that I missed it (oh wait... the Canes *won* Game 2 in Raleigh and I got to see that instead).

Here is a great picture of Bill scanning for wildlife from one of the rest stops at Theodore Roosevelt. Their next stop is Miles City as they are trying to get close enough to pick me up around lunch time on Thursday June 8th in Billings, Montana. More pics soon!
This first picture is of Ditto with Susie (Sheltie) and CurlySue (Spaniel-X), both hiding on the stairs, Starbit (BC) sitting on the rocks, and Sweep (BC) and Wyn (BC) standing in the water. Ditto told me that Sweep and Wyn just about dragged her down the steps to get to the water, and this from dogs that don't usually like to go swimming!
This next picture is of Bill with Milky Way (BC), Cloud (BC, Sky (BC - their mom) and Baldy (BC on rocks). They all got a chance to put their paws in the river! I can just imagine the looks that they received while walking the 1/2 mile trail to the river... 2 humans and 9 dogs.From there, they headed over to North Dakota and stopped at Theodore Roosevelt Park. This is a great park to see buffalo and a variety of wildlife and I am bummed that I missed it (oh wait... the Canes *won* Game 2 in Raleigh and I got to see that instead).

Here is a great picture of Bill scanning for wildlife from one of the rest stops at Theodore Roosevelt. Their next stop is Miles City as they are trying to get close enough to pick me up around lunch time on Thursday June 8th in Billings, Montana. More pics soon!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home