DogGoneFast Flyball Club Adventures

2 RVs, 4 handlers, 10 dogs... Alaska here we come! How crazy are we... driving from Raleigh, NC to attend a flyball tournament in Palmer, Alaska... read all about it right here!

My Photo
Name:

Flyball Fanatic and former software engineer... which is why I have the time to drive to Alaska this summer! This is my boy BC, Sweep, with me at the Birmingham Bandits tournament in Alabama.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Little Big Horn


I returned to the land of RVs on Thursday (June 8th), Ditto picked me up at the airport in Billings, Montana and we spent the afternoon at Little Big Horn National Monument. The park ranger there gave an awesome 40 minute talk about the battle. It is a very well maintained and informative site. Here is a picture of "Last Stand Hill", where Custer and his men were killed in battle. Unfortunately they do not let the dogs out at all at this venue, they don't even have a potty break area for them. I thought that was one area which could be improved (especially since we are good dog owners and clean up).



This next cool picture is of the Native American Memorial and finally a picture looking out towards the Native Encampment down by Little Big Horn River.












The bluff of trees to the left is in the bend of the river. There was a huge storm coming in and very strong winds. Five minutes after I took this picture we were pelted by hail stones larger than pea-sized. It made for a very impressive view but Wyn and Sweep are very afraid of thunder so I had to give them both some valium. Maybe I should have taken it instead??!!



We stayed in a great RV park on Thursday night (Yellowstone River Campground, right in Billings) and they even had a fenced area to let the doggies run around. Boy did they ever love that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home