DogGoneFast Flyball Club Adventures

2 RVs, 4 handlers, 10 dogs... Alaska here we come! How crazy are we... driving from Raleigh, NC to attend a flyball tournament in Palmer, Alaska... read all about it right here!

My Photo
Name:

Flyball Fanatic and former software engineer... which is why I have the time to drive to Alaska this summer! This is my boy BC, Sweep, with me at the Birmingham Bandits tournament in Alabama.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Good luck Shane!

I intended to mention this in my previous post, but I think the lack of sleep and hockey euphoria turned my brain into mush. I flew into Billings via Salt Lake City. On the flight from Raleigh to Salt Lake, I sat beside 2 interesting people. One was Chip Alexander, a sportswriter for the Raleigh News and Observer, who was headed to Edmonton to cover the hockey game! What a small world.

The second was Shane from Durham. He was headed to Anchorage, Alaska (REALLY!) and he was meeting up with 3 other friends and was going to climb Denali (Mt. McKinley)!! Unbelievable! They will actually be on the mountain still when we arrive at Denali after the flyball tournament. I thought that was so cool. I also learned tons of stuff about the effort involved in climbing such a mountain. One interesting fact, they have to bury any food that they leave unattended. Bury it 4ft down in the snow. This is not to avoid bears. This is to keep the Ravens from getting to it. There are not any bears (so he said!) that high up on the mountain. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home