Coincidences...
Today we drove from Dawson Creek to Liard River Hot Springs. I had been watching for cars with Saskatchewan plates (the Good2Go club folks) and not having much luck. We stopped for lunch at the side of the road beside Trapper Den (a little tourist gift shop) and we were sitting at the kitchen table when I heard a knock on the door. Our first thought was that the owners were coming out to ask us to move. Then I realized that the person out there was saying my name!!
It was Michelle and Darcey who had recognized our RVs from the photos that I had posted!
They were whizzing by and saw our DGF magnet on the side and it confirmed their suspicion that they had found us. We had a short visit but forgot to exchange cell phone numbers (technically that is irrelevant since we haven't had cell service since we left Fort Nelson).

We drove along the Alaska Highway, enjoying the sightseeing and looking forward to a long soak in the Hot Springs at the Provincial Park. Now, I'm sure that the Hot Springs are wonderful, at some times of the year. But we had to stay completely submerged with just our faces sticking out because the mosquitoes were just insane! We did see a moose though. That was cool.
We were making our dinner back at the RV; and Bill decides to walk over to see what time the little restaurant opens for breakfast. He notices a little blue 'smart car' pull into the parking lot. That was one of the cars the Michelle told us to watch out for! He walks over and says, in his deep booming voice, "you wouldn't happen to be going to a flyball tournament would you?". Yes! Sure enough, we have found Dave and Michelle (yes, 2 Michelle's) and they are staying at the same place as us!! They got their tent and stuff unpacked and then came over for a visit in the big RV.
So now we have met 4 of the Good2Go folks on the road, in 2 different places on the same day!
And I was smarter the 2nd time, I got cell phone numbers for both Michelle's ;-)
It was Michelle and Darcey who had recognized our RVs from the photos that I had posted!
They were whizzing by and saw our DGF magnet on the side and it confirmed their suspicion that they had found us. We had a short visit but forgot to exchange cell phone numbers (technically that is irrelevant since we haven't had cell service since we left Fort Nelson).

We drove along the Alaska Highway, enjoying the sightseeing and looking forward to a long soak in the Hot Springs at the Provincial Park. Now, I'm sure that the Hot Springs are wonderful, at some times of the year. But we had to stay completely submerged with just our faces sticking out because the mosquitoes were just insane! We did see a moose though. That was cool.
We were making our dinner back at the RV; and Bill decides to walk over to see what time the little restaurant opens for breakfast. He notices a little blue 'smart car' pull into the parking lot. That was one of the cars the Michelle told us to watch out for! He walks over and says, in his deep booming voice, "you wouldn't happen to be going to a flyball tournament would you?". Yes! Sure enough, we have found Dave and Michelle (yes, 2 Michelle's) and they are staying at the same place as us!! They got their tent and stuff unpacked and then came over for a visit in the big RV.
So now we have met 4 of the Good2Go folks on the road, in 2 different places on the same day!
And I was smarter the 2nd time, I got cell phone numbers for both Michelle's ;-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home