DogGoneFast Flyball Club Adventures

2 RVs, 4 handlers, 10 dogs... Alaska here we come! How crazy are we... driving from Raleigh, NC to attend a flyball tournament in Palmer, Alaska... read all about it right here!

My Photo
Name:

Flyball Fanatic and former software engineer... which is why I have the time to drive to Alaska this summer! This is my boy BC, Sweep, with me at the Birmingham Bandits tournament in Alabama.

Friday, June 16, 2006

On to Canada

From Glacier, we crossed uneventfully into Canada, heading towards Calgary. We didn't get asked about dog food, or really have any trouble at all. We even had a planned "Petsmart" stop in Calgary as we were fully expecting to have to replace/purchase dog food (there are 9 dogs, they eat alot of dog food).

We headed west out of Calgary to Banff. We spent spent the night in Canmore, a town just outside the Park Entrance. I can't recall if I've mentioned that one of my BC's (Wyn) is thunderphobic. HA. Well, we have had storms on several of the days during our trip, but usually during the day or early evening. This night we had a rocker of a storm. It started at 1am and lasted until 4:45am. Yeah, I know exactly when it stopped because that was when Wyn stopped freaking out! I felt so sorry for her, poor girl. We also had to make a vet trip visit in the morning for poor Milky Way. She had "worried" a spot on her leg and so we took her in to be checked out. I was very surprised when the vet had actually heard of flyball! He was very interested to hear all about our trip.

I thought that Bill & Ditto should get to try some Alberta beef, after all, it is supposed to be the best isn't it?? I stopped at a little butcher shop and made my purchases. Dinner that night was great and lived up to all our expectations. The only sour note, the Canes loss in overtime. But no fear, they'll be raising the cup in Edmonton on Saturday night. We'll be in Whitehorse, by 5pm so that we can watch the game!

oh, I almost forgot, one of the funniest moments of the day came when I walked into the big RV and could hear Bill saying "anyone out there?", the lock on the RV bathroom door had broken and he was trapped inside. We actually had to use pliers and break the lock mechanism (yes, we tried unscrewing it all first, but it the bolt was jammed). That was worth a good laugh after we got him out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Davis said...

ok, i had to comment on Bill getting stuck in the RV bathroom. on our last flyball tourney, we had a baby gate up across the bedroom doorway so my mom's dog would stay there and my dogs would stay on the other side.

early in the morning, i went into the bathroom (which is right angled to the above mentioned doorway), closed the door and then my lab decided to jump the baby gate into the bedroom.

i suspect it wasn't pretty, and i say that since i was then barricaded in, as the baby gate jammed up against the bathroom door!

this was about 4:30 am. so i had to call out to my mom, who was in the bed that my lab landed in when he jumped the baby gate! she got the gate (and the lab and the wireharied pointing griffon - her dog) out of the way and i was free!

it's never a dull moment!

kim
www.flyballdogs.com/flatout
www.flyball.com/region5

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home